Monday, March 22, 2010

MOVING APARTy

with Buck Starball and Chang-a-Lang!
Friday, February 26th, 2010 
@ 688 College St. Apt. 2

I threw a party a few weeks ago because I was moving out of my apartment of 4+ years, and because we have always had one around this time; the end of February... sort of as a send off to the shittiest month of the year.  True..  a bunch of people have birthdays then (including me!), but rather than focus on celebrating the same old people again and again... I thought the empty space, this time around, was a good opportunity to celebrate everyone else. 

...Including living space (or our relationship to the places we inhabit).

It was a special night - and not just because it got busted by the cops (12 officers! 7 squad cars!!) - but because of how much of it came from so many friends helping out; and just because!

Whether by driving band gear and furniture back-and-forth, picking up kegs and lasers, or filling up rooms with their installations, rock n' roll or dance parties...  It was really fun to orchestrate and collaborate on the bigger scale!  To witness how wonderful folks can be... how willing they are to contribute if/when asked or given the opportunity... and then have a crap-load of people come out and enjoy themselves with it...




















..Thanks again! ...Goodbye apartment!*


(Yes! This is most-definitely.. super-late, dwelling-on-the-past-type-shit instead of making and writing something new!  ..A half-assed rehashing rather than a respectable documentation of what went on, and I'm sorry for that... but not really.  I don't have the internet on my computer yet and I've had other shit to do.  BLEH!  It's hard to be self-indulgent and on-time sometimes, y'know?!)

No comments: