Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Something I Wrote in Jest Many Years Ago, for the Back of a Postcard that Never Delivered.


Let me tell you about my day in the garden…

The little gate was locked and we couldn’t get in.  Through caste iron bars that we gripped, SO HARD, there were many lovely things to be made out… birds, trees, squirrels and lilacs… etc, etc.  The thought of climbing the adjacent stone post was in Julie’s eyes, and though she doesn’t carry a reputation for such criminal activity…  this scene of springtime bounty was just, THAT LOVELY! 

I did not want to disappoint her, considering our recent back-and-forths, so I leaned forward and cupped my hands for her step.  “How DARLING!” she called me, planting her palms upon my shoulders, and her thighs - through knee-length cotton - upon my cheek... “Shoot me up, then!”

I sprung up, and she leaped stretching for the ledge.  She grabbed ahold and squirmed to the top.  A good five feet she had on me.  Though then I heard a groundskeeper clambering at the gate…

“Here you are then,” the gentleman said, opening his gate to a nervous-and-guilt-ridden-me.  I tipped my hat and entered the garden, fully expecting Julie to be in close proximity; perhaps hiding among the shrubbery?  There waiting for her MAN. 


From there in the garden I looked and called out... but never found, saw or heard from my Julie again.  

1 comment:

Trevor said...

For Someone else's project.